AO: Copper Beach
Number of Pax: 5
Pax Names: Domo, Frostbyte, Kingpin, Stimpy, Thighmaster,
Number of FNGS: 0
5 Pax hit Copper Beach and were greeted by some wind and snow flurries. Despite the stated 34 degrees, it felt a bit cool from the wind – so we were determined to heat things up. Today’s workout was the result of a Google Search “F3 Backblast” and the good folks at F3 Cherokee had a great workout (aka – horrible) that I couldn’t resist. So the “Thang” is heavily influenced by them.
SSH IC x 25
Imperial Walkers IC x 15
LBAC IC x 11 forward – leaving up the arms, and then 12 in reverse.
Willie Mays Hays IC x 10
Grass Grabbers IC x 10
Mtn Climbers IC x 20
Max Burpees 60 Seconds – PAX instructed to Push it – and then to remember their number for later. I was pretty impressed by these numbers, I think everyone was between 15-21.
PAX then moseyed on the track to the South of the Park and ended up in the parking lot near the covered picnic tables.
The Thang – 2 Rounds of $%#@!
- 20 Merkins – then Bear Crawl to the Midpoint of the parking lot – 20 More Merkins – Bear Crawl to the other side of the parking lot and 20 More Merkins. Then Sprint back to starting spot. PAX, then continued to next exercise with no break.
- 20 Squats – Bear Crawl – 20 Squats – Bear Crawl – 20 Squats – Sprint back to start.
- 20 Plank Jacks IC – Bear Crawl – 20 Plank Jacks IC – Bear Crawl – 20 Plan Jacks IC – Sprint back (note sure adding the IC to this was my best idea, but the PAX took care of business anyway).
PAX all regrouped together for…
- 15 Monkey Humpers – Burpee Broad Jump as mode of travel – 15 Monkey Humpers – Burpee Broad Jumps – 15 Monkey Humpers – sprint back to start. (This was ‘fun’ and started to induce wobbly legs)
- 15 Jump Squats (touching ground with hand before jumping out of squat) – Burpee Broad Jump – 15 Jump Squats – Burpee Broad Jumps – 15 Jump Squats – Sprint back.
- 15 America Hammers IC – Burpee Broad Jump – 15 America Hammers IC – Burpee Broad Jump- 15 American Hammer – Sprint back.
This was some work, and the PAX pushed through it. Helluva effort! We were almost done…
We didn’t have time for 6 MoM, but we had time for…
Another 60 Seconds of Max Burpees. The Challenge to the PAX was to see if they could match their performance from when they were fresh at the start of our beatdown. Kudos – I think a couple PAX finished one short or matched their earlier total – and Frostbyte and Domo increased their numbers.
Wrapped with 20 SC Crunchy Frogs
Discussed the friend who battled depression over the holidays and almost lost the battle. The importance of F3 to connect guys and for us all to have our eyes up and to make time to invest in others. Let’s be part of the solution.
Discussed F3 250 – the challenge to get 250 workouts in 2022 by a combination of posting at local AOs, but also counting workouts that you do on your own or with your family. Plus, EC counts as an additional workout. Several PAX did this in 2021, but it wasnt a focus in 2021. The tracker document is included in the Megadoc.
Also, our very own Gold Digger is competing in the Spartan Deca event this Saturday. Some PAX may bail out at 730am to head over and support him.
Thanks for showing up today boys – that was some good work. Always an honor to Q an F3 workout.