Just one day after morning temps in the 40s, boom – back to the 20s and the threat of snow (there was none).
9 PAX – including one FNG (Welcome Doogie!) answered the midweek bell and showed at Copper Beach.
SSH IC x 25
WMH IC x 10
LBAC IC x 10 (forward, then Over head seal claps IC x 10, then reverse)
Mountain Climbers IC x 10; Don’t recover yet….
Plank Jacks IC x 10
Paul Blarts IC x 10
PAX then started to Mosey – West through the neighborhood – stopping for 20 SC Merkins and again for 30 IC Squats.
The PAX arrived at Pull-up Park (aka Mineral Way Park)…
Part One: Pull-up Pyramid, one of the favorites of F3 Salt Lake’s Godfather, Coco. More specifically, this was the Burpee/Pull-up Pyramid. This was an OYO exercise, starting with one Pull-up, and then 2 burpees. The Pull-ups increased by one, but the Burpees increased by 2. So eventually the PAX did 5 Pull-ups and 10 Burpees. That was the top of the pyramid – then we went back down to one. Upon arrival to Pull-up park, I may have muttered the words, we’ll stop here for a minute. I was later told my ‘minute’ was not a very accurate description of this one.
The Pax then moseyed back to the neighborhood, before veering to the right and rejoined the Midas Creek Trail (just west of 4775 W), for…
Part Two: Leg Ladder. Starting on the paved trail – 10 Bonnie Blairs (the greatest speed skater ever – or at least our favorite), then down the hill and back up to the paved trail on the South side. Then 10 Bonnie Blairs + 12 Tuck Jumps; Run back to the other side. So each stop, do the preceding exercise (not all of them, just the last one) and the next one.
- Bonnie Blair – 10
- Tuck Jumps – 12
- Yoga Squats – 14 (feet together, no yoga pants or baby goats required)
- Pause Squats – 16 (Pax would say the rep count + Mississippi at the bottom of the squat to create a one second pause)
- Regular Squats -18 (we skipped this one due to time)
- Monkey Humpers – 20 (we did not skip this one)
Pax then moseyed back to Copper Beach.
We didn’t get alot of Mary, but we did throw down 31 IC Flutter Kicks as time expired. As a Q, that extra rep – hearing the PAX sigh as they thought we were only going to 30 is definitely a good time.
- Talked about FNG February – it’s going well, but we are just half way done.
- We welcomed Garrett, now FNG Doogie to F3.
- The desire to get healthy and stay healthy – with a few PAX on the rebound or still dealing with nagging injuries. Speaking of health – GREAT to see Thin Mint back out with us this week, and man our thoughts are with Chef B who is posting, but we know his knee isn’t cooperating.
Always an honor to Q an F3 workout. I’ll never stop being grateful for the health to do this and the other PAX that invest into each other every single day.
This was one of those days, I had no juice – and the voice in my head was telling me I was too tired and probably shouldn’t answer the bell. However, I knew there would be a bunch of guys ready to go at Copper Beach and that accountability gave me the push I needed. Plus, F3 has helped me become a guy who doesn’t listen to those “I’m too tired” feelings. We are men who do hard things and fight the urge to give in – this applies to workouts and all other things in our lives. May we continue to lead and love others well.