Quotes from the Gloom (heard at various times throughout the workout):
- “Dunkin, I really don’t think we’re friends anymore.” –Coco
- “It was either this or push tables around again.” –Dunkin
- [pause] “I’d rather do the tables again.” –Kingpin
- “I can’t feel my legs.” –Knope (Can’t remember if he actually said this or his expression said it for him.)
Yes, the mumblechatter was riveting throughout, but on to…
- Mosey once around the school.
- Prime the Pump (Fairly rapid calf raises while steadying self against a wall.) x40 IC
- Merkin x10 IC
- Donkey Kick x15
- (Pick up Kingpin and do 10 Burpees)
- Run around to the back of the school, hopping over the large, cement squares along the way.
- People’s Chair while giving instructions for next sequence.
- Head over to big field out back of the school for some work on the quads, shoulders, and various upper back muscles that are apparently rarely used.
- The Perp Walk (Make your way across the field via walking lunges with three stops along the way. Hands behind the head the whole time.)
- No Surrender x15 (at beginning, middle, and end of field)
- Convict Walking Lunges in between stops
- End with Freddie Mercuries until all Pax have made it across the field.
- So, basically, hands are behind the head the entire length of the outfield while doing the various exercises.
- To give the quads a bit of a break, we transitioned to…
- The Jackass, a slightly more intense Donkey Kick where we do DK 10 times and then hold feet against the wall on the last up for 10 seconds. Then 9 DK and hold feet against the wall for 9 seconds. Etc., down to 6 (for now).
- Then we continued back across the field from whence we had come in the form of…
- The Cross Walk (Make your way across the field via walking lunges with three stops along the way. Arms spread wide like a cross the whole time.)
- Take Me Now x10 (at beginning, middle, and end of field)
- Cross Walking Lunges in between stops
- End with arms still spread out wide until all Pax have made it across the field.
- So, on the way back across the field, the arms are spread wide the entire length of the outfield while doing the various exercises.
- High Plank
- Elbow Plank
- High side plank w/ right arm extended up
- High Plank
- High side plank w/ left arm extended up
- Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes (a fan favorite)
- Mosey around to the other side of the school (wondering when sensation will return to quads, shoulders, etc.).
- Six Two Minutes of Mary (until YHC realized that we were actually a minute and a half over time…doh!)
- High Slow Flutter Kicks
- American Hammers
- Back to CoT!
Moleskine (i.e., Spreadsheets from the Gloom)
Guest Q: Coco had asked YHC to Q today, but must have packed the reminder note away in one of his moving boxes. I was tempted to let him go ahead with the Q until I saw him unloading the sandbags again. Yeah…I’ll Q!
Reflections: So, having only started coming to F3 back in April, this is my first real “down range” experience with F3. I am so thankful to have F3 in my life and am constantly spreading the word for other men to post, as well. I feel very blessed that I have now met so many great people in this part of the country through F3.
I showed up for my first F3 Salt Lake workout three weeks ago and was introduced to the fabulous Pax of the area by pushing around picnic tables for 45 minutes. (Thanks Kingpin!) Ever since, it has been awesome getting to know so many of you through morning beatdowns (thank you as well Knope, Coco, Sludge, ThighMaster, and Chef B!), awesome hikes (thank you Frostbyte!), and investment advice (thank you Jimmy Choo and Night Train). Also, thank you to you men of Sparta (many of whom I haven’t yet met in person) who have inspired me to keep pushing myself to do hard things. Awesome work guys! (I’m intrigued with this whole Spartan thing.)
Keep being great examples and pushing ourselves, one another, and tables! SYITG!
- Next Monday, 07/26 – Family Night at Salt Lake Bees – $5 tickets, $1 hot dogs. HC by today (07/19) to Chef B!
- Next Friday, 07/30 – Coco and fam head to NC! How many more Q’s can the Nantan get in before he heads back East?
- Prayer works. Ask Kingpin if you want to hear about a very cool, recent experience.