The first post after daylight savings time was a battle with the fart sack…and it seems like the FS won more than its share!
Still 4 PAX rolled into Elk Lodge ready to kick the week off right.
My first opportunity to Q at Elk Lodge in a long time, but a great chance to support Q-cation for Kingpin.
SSH IC x 25
IPW IC x 10
WMH IC x 10
Grass Grabber IC x 10
Squats SC x 20
Squatted LBAC IC x 10 (forward), and IC x 5 (reverse) -these were hard!
We partnered up, for what we’d call Blocks and Bears
One partner Bear Crawled to first light post (this was longest haul), while the other carried both coupons in a Farmer Carry. The partners flapjacked for the remaining travel between the lightposts throughout the workout.
4 Stops on the way out:
- 25 Overhead presses with Block
- 25 Burpee Blockovers (jumpover the block after each burpee)
- 25 Squats with Block
- 25 Tricep Press with Block
Then PAX ran all the way back to the first light post, and returned Bernie Sanders (running backwards) and then completed 5 Blockees.
4 Stops on the way back:
(I will add that Knope offered kindly to take the first Bear Crawl going back. Very savvy move, as he realized this would stick me – and Kingpin- with the longest bear crawl on the last segment again. Smoooth.
- 25 Diamond Merkins (not on block)
- 25 Merkin Blockovers (one Merkin on one side of block – one hand on block and one on the ground- then using hands to step across the block to the other side to repeat.
- 25 Block Merkins (regular Merkin with hand on block)
- 25 Wide Merkins (not on block – unless you are Jimmy Choo!)
Clock expired at the end of the 2nd cycle. In total, PAX completed 205 Reps and each bear crawled the equivalent of the entire length of the Elk Lodge Parking lot.
- Reminded PAX about upcoming Poker Night – March 26th
- We prayed for:
- Knope’s Job Process – including what we hope is a positive decision this week on a desired new position.
- Raging Cheetah’s recent injury – and recovery. Thankful for his leadership and inspiration to our group. We know he is going to come back strong.
Bonus, 5 Learnings and observations from today…
- Legs are still sore from Saturday’s beatdown by Big Tee. Bonnie Blair’s x 200…ouch!
- The is a black truck that honks as they drive by every Monday. Maybe they will never post, but seeing guys with an American Flag in the group doing work has gotta be a good thing, right?
- Jimmy Choo is a Merkin Machine
- Knope is always thinking one step ahead.
- Burpee Blockovers are no joke. But, we should definitely do them more often.
Always a privilege and an honor to Q an F3 workout. The Peer led aspect is such a great part of F3. I’ve grown so much personally through this aspect, but also love seeing other guys grabbed the Q and put their imprint on it.
Until next time,