This was my VQ and is my VBB!
- Side Shuffle Hop – 30 in cadence
- Imperial Walkers – 30 in cadence
- Little Baby Arm Circles – 30 each way in cadence
- Jack Reacher Squat (a new exercise I made up) – 30 hard count.
Then we moseyed over to the field and finished the warm-up with
- Little Red Riding Hoods (power skips haha) – across the width of the field
- Kariokes – across the width of the field
- and Side Shuffles, you guessed it – across the width of the field. The last three were a throwback to my gym rat days (a month ago).
As you probably know running isn’t really my forte right now, so we did the whole workout on the picnic tables at the AO. 5 lower body exercises, 5 kinds of mericans, and 5 ab exercises. Each set was followed up with a cardio exercise. All of it on the picnic tables! The sprinklers added some more fun and got my journal and phone all wet so now I have a reminder of my first VQ.
- Step-Up Knee-ups – 20 in cadence
- 2-way leg raises – 20 each leg in cadence
- Pistol Squats (Domo’s specialty) – 10 each leg oyo
- Bulgarian Split Squats (another favorite from the gym) 10 each leg oyo
- Calf Raises – 20 hard count
- Double Box Jumps – 20 oyo
I was trying to get these guys sore to slow them down for the trail run tomorrow, but I don’t think it worked!
- Explosive Ercans – 20 hard count
- Derkins – 10 hard count
- Bench Merkins – 10 hard count
- Offset Merkins with Leg Raise – 10 each side hard count
- Step-Jumps – 1 minute oyo
We were starting to run out of time, so we cut back a little on the reps to leave time for Mary:
- Jack Knives – 20 in cadence
- Freddie’s – 20 in cadence
- B.B.C.’s (Bench Bradley Coopers) 10 oyo
- Side Star Planks – 30 seconds each side
We stopped there, but I was also going to do some Toe Taps if we had more time. The PAX are all pretty fit so it probably wasn’t as much of a beatdown for them as it was for me (as usual), but they were cool about it. Looking forward to getting back to posting in the gloom!