AO: Copper Beach
Number of Pax: 6
Pax Names: ChefB, Frostbyte, Gold Digger, Kingpin, Knope, Thighmaster,
Number of FNGS: 0
With just a couple days until Christmas, 6 PAX stepped out into mid-20 degree temps and a layer of fresh snow at Copper Beach.
It was a little odd – with the snow and low clouds, it was actually fairly bright outside when the workout started. By the end, the clouds had moved on and it was very dark.
In the recent days/week we have done: 12-days of Christmas, Quarters for Christmas, and Twas the Workout Before Christmas, today was all about Christmas Movie Trivia.
SSH 20 IC
Moroccan Night Clubs 15 IC…leave arms up
Jack Reacher 20 IC…leave arms up
Overhead Seal Clap 25 IC…recover!
Body Weight Squats 40
We then took a mosey out of the parking lot and took the big loop south and west around the neighborhood – doing the workout along the way.
The Thang (TRIVIA TIME)
At each stop, Ask the Question– If correct, do the exercise listed. If incorrect, 5 Burpees for all – then do the exercise (Consider multiple misses in a row – 5 burpees become 10, until correct answer?)
- How many ghosts show up in “A Christmas Carol?”
- Four – 10 SSHs (IC)
- In “A Christmas Story,” which department store has the item in its window that Ralphie wants?
- Higbee’s – 10 Monkey Humpers (IC)
- In the movie “Elf,” what is the name of the author Buddy calls an “Angry Elf?”
- Miles Finch – 10 Moroccan Night Clubs (IC)
- What is the name of the dog in “How the Grinch Stole Christmas?”
- Max – 10 Low Slow Squats (IC)
- In “ELF” what department store does Buddy work in (before getting fired)?
- Gimbels – 10 Merkins (IC)
- In the 1996 Christmas comedy “Jingle All the Way,” what is the name of the action figure that the father in the film is desperately trying to obtain?
- Turbo Man – 10 Makhtar N’diaye (IC) – up downs/plank
- What are the neighbor’s names in “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation?”
- Margo and Todd – 10 American Hammers (IC)
- What color is the ornament Charlie Brown puts on his tree?
- Red – 10 Hand-Release Merkins (IC)
- What is the name of the head elf in “The Santa Clause?”
- Bernard – 10 Smurf Jacks (IC)
- In “A Christmas Story” what happens to Ralphie’s little brother Randy”? (multiple choice) He has to wear a bunny costume; He gets his tongue stuck to a frozen pole; He falls in the snow and can’t get up? He gets his mouth washed out with soap?
- He Falls in the Snow – 20 Calf Raises
- In the movie, “Fred Claus”, Santa’s bitter older brother was played by? (multiple choice) Vince Vaughn; Bradley Cooper; Owen Wilson, or Bill Murray?
- Vince Vaughn – 10 Wide Arm Merkins (IC)
- “The Movie, “Christmas with the Cranks” is based on a novel by what author (optional multiple choice): John Grisham, Norman Mailer, John Updike, Stephen King
- John Grisham – 10 Jump Squats (IC)
- In, “Home Alone”, what was the name of the elderly male neighbor? Old Man Marley, Gus Polinski, Erza T Cobb; or Devin Ratray?
- Old Man Marley – 10 Carolina Dry Docks (IC)
- In the movie “Elf” what does Buddy make on the Etch a Sketch that is displayed in the store?
- Mona Lisa – 10 Singlet Merkins (6 count: Makhtar N’diaye + merkin)
- Twice in “Die Hard,” Sgt. Al Powell sings a Christmas-related song to himself. What’s the song?
- “Let it Snow” – 5 Burpees
- In “Christmas Vacation”, how many lights were on the Griswold house? (multiple choice) 10,000, 25,000, 50,000, or 24,923
- 25,000 – 10 Bradley Coopers (IC)
- In “Home Alone”, where does Kevin’s family go for Christmas?
- Paris – 10 Reverse Crunches (IC)
- In “The Santa Claus”, how does Scott Calvin become Santa?
- Previous Santa fell off the roof – 10 Flutters (IC)
- How many “Home Alone” movies are there? (multiple choice) 1,3,4,5
- Answer is 5 – 5 Burpees oyo
- What city did Miracle on 34th Street take place? (multiple choice) Boston, New York, Chicago or New Jersey
- New York – 10 Alternating Shoulder Taps (IC)
- In “The Grinch”, What is wrong with the Grinch? (multiple choice) He’s heartless and hates Christmas? He doesn’t believe in Santa? He’s turkey-intolerant? Or He can’t sneeze with mouth closed?
- He’s turkey-intolerant – 10 LBCs (IC)
- What is the highest-grossing Christmas movie of all time?
- “Home Alone” – 5 Burpees oyo
- In “Christmas Vacation” what is the final spoken line? (multiple choice) “Where is Eddie?”; “Merry Christmas, kiddo”; “And to all a good night”; “I did it”
- I did it – 10 Bobby Hurleys
- In “Christmas Story”, what is the name of Ralphie’s Father?
- The Old Man – 10 Plank Jacks (IC)
- What cartoon character is a Christmas Eve staple in Sweden and is watched by millions of Swedes every year?
- Donald Duck – 10 Lunge Steps (each leg)
The PAX missed 3 of the first 4 questions, but then found their way to a solid C+ Grade. Probably best to go home and binge watch some of the popular movies.
Announcements and COT:
Tomorrow’s workout will be a special location, Gold Digger has plans – bring your coupons – check slack for exact address!
It’s always a privilege to Q an F3 workout. Always takes a little extra effort to prepare. Always a chance to grow myself while I think about the specifics to the workout. I led a grand total of zero workouts before starting F3 and now I’d guess I’ve done 30-40…thats crazy. Thanks for the opportunity boys!
I’m grateful for this group of guys that continues to invest into each others lives in the pursuit of getting a little better each day – so we can be the men our families and others need us to be.